PS3 YLOD

Begonnen von rod905, 10. Januar 2013, 10:23:00

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

rod905

well 12A is a lot of current even for a power tool, let alone for an electronic circuit of that size. I don't think it is wise to try it:

1)you will solder it, heating the mainboard (I think you are giving the mainboard a really hard time each time you heat it)
2)you will have to take it off again and reclean, risking of lifting more pads
3) it will be more difficult for the seller to accept back

Takeshi

Yes, taht's right.

rod905

I received another chip today, this time from elitasia. red-gnd is 1.5ohms, the other colours are all over 200K. I am thinking this is a good chip, and I was right on sending the other chip back. I will be trying to solder it tomorrow as i have the gun. what do you think Takeshi?

rod905

further to that I took the rsx chip with me to work and baked it in an oven drier for approx 5hrs at 120degc, then placed it in a bag with silica gel bags and taped to reduce moisture absorption. I read that that this greatly reduces popcorning risk.

Takeshi

rod905

Heated up to 200 slowly, let it cool. no popcorning this time round. assembled everything.. still ylod. Now everything will go into the bin, had I done it at first I would have saved myself lots of energy, and money.

Dragoon

grave_digga

Not every unit is saveable but you tried. That's what counts.
<- Der da ist gerne hier. :)