PS3 YLOD

Begonnen von rod905, 10. Januar 2013, 10:23:00

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Takeshi

Of course, it's interesting me, good to know for the future.

But it is neither the first, nor the second meaning. It has nothing to do with heat und cold areas, because after the process you can cool down the board for a while and reflow/reball it later, as long as there is no water in the board.

If it's not fatally, if you will not be able to get access to your savegames, I would wait until the PS3 i completely flat.

rod905

oh ok you heat it just to eliminate moisture then

Takeshi

Right, that's all.

Steffen.

Wer einen klasse Ratgeber zum Thema YLOD Hilfelösung sucht: http://www.blu-rayler.de/forum/ps3-hardware/ylod-eine-erklarung-aus-erfahrung-t5413.html
War meine Rettung! :-)

DoggyDog

Takeshi

Das frag ich mich auch gerade. Zumal "Steffen." aus USA (Californien) zu kommen scheint.

DoggyDog

Vielleicht hatte er ein ähnliches Anliegen und wollte sich freundlicherweise für den Thread bedanken?

rod905

Hi al,,

is it ok if I use 100% Ethanol instead of Isopropanol alcohol? to clean the blueray lens, clean the thermal paste and mix the colophony.

grave_digga

Ethanol isn't that bad as long as it's 100% pure. But Iso should be cheaper and (im not sure about this) safer. To clean the blu-ray lens i use only my "mist" i produce by exhaling, don't know the englishdefinition for it. And then as long as it's "wet" i use q-tips. Iso would only work but without it is safer.
<- Der da ist gerne hier. :)

rod905

Hi Takeshi, I dismantled my ps3 did a reflow and mounted it again. Everything went very smooth. I must say that your guide is soooo helpful and professional, I even labelled the screws that I took off as eg 18C, 18D 18 being the step number and  C,D how it is labelled in the picture. It is a very very useful guide and would bring an otherwise problematic job to child play. Without the guide you will break something for sure.

As I said the ylod seem to have gone (after 2 days) today is Monday and I did the reflow last Saturday, I obtained some colophony and mixed it 3:1 with alcohol, I even heated the whole board before the reflow , then wrapped it in foil, leaving a cutout to acess the gpu from top and bottom.

About the thing that I had to tell you of the ps3 not switching off correctly however this is still there. It does not bother me much to tell the truth, but as a follow up I am telling you that, maybe you can gain experience from this.

At last but not the least thank you guys for your help.

PS: BGA kit arrived today hope that I would not have to use it.

DoggyDog

The problem with shut-down can also be a softwareproblem?!
You can try to recover the file-system in service-menu?

rod905

I noticed that when I switch off before I 'quit game' that is switch off from the game's menu the ps switches off properly, it does not switch off properly when I switch off from the xmb menu. now that's odd because I beleive the proper way to switch off is first quit the game then turn off from the main menu.

however my note was more of a thank you than to mention any more troubles.

rod905

oops...ylod, it did it again :(

Takeshi

Then you have to reflow the GPU again. You used turoial 1? Add 15s at the top and 15s at the bottom.

rod905

Hi Takeshi, the reflow still gave me problems so I decided that I take off the chip. how can I post an image of the underneath motherboard in here so that you can tell me your opinion if I could try to fit a new RSX or scraP EVERYTHING?