PS3 Slim - RSX question

Begonnen von eiji, 03. August 2014, 18:28:12

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

eiji

Thanks for answer Rallebert.

- Rsx and cpu card was completely dismantled on the mainboard after then he changed. Ok i will share photos of mainboard. My ps3 now on the road ( Cargo ) When it comes back yes i'll share photos and final situation.

- My ps3 model Slim cech2004 - date code ; 9B 120gb. RSX chipset code ; CXD2991GGB  or CGB. Last update ; Habib cobra 4.55 CWF.

- Repairman says ; I changed RSX gpu card (same model) but didnt work. And changed CPU card but again didnt work. I dont know anymore what to do ps3. I'll send with the cargo.

- And yes he has got a BGA machine on the shop. I saw it. He makes reballing to chips. Lead free solder or lead solder. I dont know kind.

Kenaio

If he really changed the "cpu card" (CELL) I don't think there's a lot to do. The problem is that the Cell has an unique serial which the NOR firmware is linked to. If you change the CPU, the serial of the cell and the serial saved on the chip don't match anymore, so the PS3 will not boot.

eiji

Here you go, My ps3 Mainboard Photos. Looks like now.

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/19640001/file.html

Note ; Click the ''Download now'' button ( on the top right, as orange color )

eiji

mr_sweet78

curios... why is the IHS still on the Cell if they changed Cell?
i think they didnt change the Cell..

eiji

Zitat von: mr_sweet78 am 07. August 2014, 23:42:40
curios... why is the IHS still on the Cell if they changed Cell?
i think they didnt change the Cell..

Repair man later explain of me. He says '' i didnt change cell. Just disassembly, assembly to cell. I just only change rsx gpu card with to orginally but anyway didnt work''.

- Yes, i cant trust his words but anyway there is no choise. Because i wasnt there when repairing.