PS3 Slim - RSX question

Begonnen von eiji, 03. August 2014, 18:28:12

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

eiji

Hi sir, one question.

i have a ps3 slim cech2004A - Date code; 9B Pal 120gb model. My ps3 GPU card is trouble( RSX) and needs to change but rsx gpu plate (cover) was lost. Please tell me sir whats My Rsx code ? im so so sad because of its.

- i search on the google but not found cech2004A pal model , there is only cech2000 - 2001 and 2002 rsx code.

- well, Is it possible that my GPU code ? CDX2991CGB ?

Please answer me guys, im waiting.

RalleBert

You can look it up on our page: PS3 Mainboards
There is this item listed: CXD2991GGB

- veni, vidi, ferruminavi -
- ich kam, ich sah, ich l?tete -

Takeshi

It doesn't really care. The RSX is 65 nm, that's the only thing that matters. The RSX is an CXD2991. It could be CXD2991GB, AGB, BGB or CGB. There is no (relevant) difference.

CECH-2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, ... are all equal.

eiji

Primarily thanks a lot friends. I'm really grateful.

- Well , ps3 PAL or NTSC does matter Rsx Gpu card ? At the same time Part-Nr.: 4-151-014-01

- Because we tried a different gpu card but it's was wrong (CDX5300). For this reason we must be careful. I hopefully be repaired to my ps3 :(

we3dm4n

First it is no gpu card - its a chip as bga

Why dont u people just ask BEFORE doing anything if u have no idea of what ur doing?

PAL or NTSC isnt controlled by RSX, its just software.

Takeshi

CXD5300 ist 40 nm. It doesn't work on boards for 65 nm GPUs.

Honestly I don't understand what you did, what you want to do and what's your problem. First there is no "RSX card", there is only a "RSX chip". Do you have an YLOD?

eiji

Zitat von: we3dm4n am 04. August 2014, 17:45:47
First it is no gpu card - its a chip as bga

Why dont u people just ask BEFORE doing anything if u have no idea of what ur doing?

PAL or NTSC isnt controlled by RSX, its just software.

Rsx CD2991GGB is graphic card code. Man, im not the serviceman. I didnt do anything to ps3. I just client just only ps3 user. This process is not very dominant in my country to the servicemans. Actually my ps3 was working but there was only a contactless. Because when I apply pressure comes on image to screen. I mean there was a little bit contactless. I take away ps3 to serviceman. But the serviceman was broke more has not fixed. when i take the ps3, red light was giving. İt's never ever working anymore. The serviceman was broke my ps3 . This was a lesson to me.

eiji

Zitat von: Takeshi am 04. August 2014, 18:06:19
CXD5300 ist 40 nm. It doesn't work on boards for 65 nm GPUs.

Honestly I don't understand what you did, what you want to do and what's your problem. First there is no "RSX card", there is only a "RSX chip". Do you have an YLOD?

My ps3 ylod now. But previously only a there is little bit contactless. The serviceman did ylod.

Takeshi

If you have the YLOD, you don't need to exchange the RSX, a (good!) reflow should help.

eiji

Zitat von: Takeshi am 05. August 2014, 01:07:16
If you have the YLOD, you don't need to exchange the RSX, a (good!) reflow should help.

Reflow is danger and not much durable help us, help anybody. Reflow melts the reball.  I researched some ylod. It needs disassemble the Gpu card and again new reballing make on the BGA. But we did and didnt still working. After then we change the rsx card (Cxd2991GGB) and again didnt work. After then we change CPU card and again didnt work. Reflow and heating just only a venture ( Unternehmen ). İ dont know what to do. Im so upset right now.

Kenaio

What about the SouthBridge, have you tried reflowing it?

Takeshi

YLOD isn't allways the GPU, it could be any other chip like CPU, south bridge (SB) or RAM.

And: A goog reflow will help, only a bad reflow won't. And the most people did a bad reflow and than they claimed a reflow is crap. THEIR reflow was crap.

sumsum

Zitat von: eiji am 05. August 2014, 01:42:57
After then we change CPU card and again didnt work. Reflow and heating just only a venture ( Unternehmen ). İ dont know what to do. Im so upset right now.

So you did change the CPU (Cell)? I mean, if you really changed the Cell, you don't have to be surprised that the PS3 isn't working (other parts have to be changed too like the NOR etc.).

The easiest thing to do, is to buy a new PS3, or to start telling what have been done and in what state and configuration the mainboard right now is.

eiji

Zitat von: sumsum am 05. August 2014, 15:03:20
Zitat von: eiji am 05. August 2014, 01:42:57
After then we change CPU card and again didnt work. Reflow and heating just only a venture ( Unternehmen ). İ dont know what to do. Im so upset right now.

So you did change the CPU (Cell)? I mean, if you really changed the Cell, you don't have to be surprised that the PS3 isn't working (other parts have to be changed too like the NOR etc.).

The easiest thing to do, is to buy a new PS3, or to start telling what have been done and in what state and configuration the mainboard right now is.

I think, i cant tell you about what is ps3.

1- Firstly, my ps3 is problem only noisy fan. What we do ? We disassemble to ps3 and cleaning fan all other parts with carefully ( some contact spray ). After then we bring for to dryness.  And replacement thermal compound ( enough measure ) And again reassemble. We tried turn on the ps3, didnt work. we tried again yes it's work. But once work, once didnt work.  After then an idea came to my mind. i pressure on the ps3 top cover and yes comes back image to screen and yellow-green light after stable green light a few second. After than when i play game and fan goes to noisy and system giving heating warning ( Cpu 82 degree- rsx 78 i guess) 

2- I decided take away the ps3 to serviceman. I take ps3 10 days after. This time there is green light and not image to screen. And ps3 goes to speedy-noisy fun turn off after 20 - 30 seconds.

3- I decided take away the ps3 another serviceman. The serviceman says '' Rsx Gpu card is trouble and needs to change'' But there is no my rsx model serviceman in the hands. I take 14 days after my ps3. This time there is YLOD !

4- I decided take away the ps3 another one serviceman. The serviceman have my rsx gpu model. And he changed rsx, didnt work. He change this time CPU and again didnt work. After than he says '' Somebody mess up to the ps3 ''. I dont know what to do.

5- As you can understand actually 2 or 3 serviceman broke-mess up my ps3. Like i said the servicemans dont know about much ps3 in my country. All of them says  ''I've been in this business for 15 years for ps3, im the best the best ! I wish you'd brought me first ! '' and there is to much lies and arrogance ''. They are doesnt know any information but never ever accept. They advised i went go. I didnt know it would be like.

6- Now what can i do ? If there is anything I can do, tips ? Ok i can try. But i know this was a good lesson to me. And yes i think buy a new ps3.

RalleBert

Zitat von: eiji am 05. August 2014, 16:43:53
i pressure on the ps3 top cover and yes comes back image to screen and yellow-green light after stable green light a few second.

I think at this point your PS3 was able to be repaired the easy way. Any further "care" caused more defects than helped you.

Question: Did you took off the metal plates (HS / IHS / Heatspreader) with the CELL or RSX logo on the BGA-Chips? If you did so, check the chips for any demage, e.g. scratches on the PCB. If possible share pictures of the chips.

Zitat von: eiji am 05. August 2014, 16:43:53
he changed rsx, didnt work. He change this time CPU and again didnt work

[...]

Now what can i do ? If there is anything I can do, tips ? Ok i can try.

Do you have the correct RSX built in the PS3 right now (Part No.)?  Did the repairservice really CHANGED the CELL BGA-Chip (one out, another in)? Or did they reflow or reball of the CELL? That is very important, the CELL is LOCKED to the mainboard, no other one will run on your mainboard. If the Cell was really changed, have the repairman to replace it with the genuine CELL!

- veni, vidi, ferruminavi -
- ich kam, ich sah, ich l?tete -