CECHC03 with black screen

Begonnen von Nissan, 11. März 2013, 15:32:37

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Nissan

Hello everybody!

I bought another PS3 fat (CECHC03) defective. I like the FAT models because are more elegant! It's my fourth PS3 FAT.

The PS3 has the following problems:
Dualshock does not synchronize;
No image (black screen - no signal) in HDMI and component video outputs;

CELL and RSX heats normally.

The motherboard is in the perfect condition. All the PS fuses are OK.

When I hold the power button, the PS3 emits a beep (reset video) and after more 2 beeps(recovery mode), but I can`t do anything.

It seems that the PS3 is brick, the previous owner could not tell which firmware installed, but it seems to be 3.55 or earlier.

The PS3 never was unlocked and appears to have taken a fall.

grave_digga

It looks to me like a "normal" YLOD, i think it's (again) the RSX.
<- Der da ist gerne hier. :)

RalleBert

When your console really has been dropped, it can be anything. The BGAs are a good start, but there can be a crack in the mainboard. Thats hard to find an even harder to fix.
What show the LEDs? Seems the console to work normal and the fan is running with normal noise?

- veni, vidi, ferruminavi -
- ich kam, ich sah, ich l?tete -

Nissan

The previous owner said the PS3 worked and suddenly froze, after restarting the PS3 got black screen.

The LEDs are normal, if I put a disc the blue LED light normally. Visually the Blu-ray drive is ok.

RalleBert

So then I´d do a reflow of the RSX, if that doesn´t help the Cell and then SB. At least,  you can test the fuses.

Nissan

Hello everybody!

I did the reflow RSX, CELL, SB, Syscon and CXD2972GB. After the procedure the PS3 turned on without problems.

Unfortunately, for no reason, the power supply and the fuse F6001 broken, I changed fuse and power supply and the PS3 turned on.

The RSX is still having problems with BGA, because the image appears with some shadows.

Friday will again do the reflow.

Thank you!

RalleBert

If you hadn´t already: use flux (and temp. control, if possible).

Nissan

I redid the reflow and PS3 is functioning normally!

Solved