Neue Wii Hacks/ Homebrew!

Begonnen von Takeshi, 29. Januar 2008, 11:59:01

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Takeshi

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]USB Mass Storage Device Demo

Svpe is beta testing a USB Mass Storage Device Demo which should be awesome for the scene, heres the details:

ZitatA USB Mass storage device file/folder lister demo has been released on the #wiidev channel by svpe, the same person who made the first SD elfloader. It is still in testing stages and the code needs to be cleaned up, so no download link will be provided here. It is compatible with anything that adheres to the USB Mass Storage Device specification and FAT16, including USB memory sticks, flash drives, certain phones/MP3 Players, some FAT-formatted USB Hard Drives and even single-slot card readers. When a cleaned-up version is released it will be posted here.

As soon as it is released we will have it here

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]rin wii channel wiimote edition - Gameboy Colour Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Linkinworm also made this:

Zitathi i made the wiimote edition into a channel for you all
here is the link there are still bugs with this
1 you can only go from bottom to top so id have the games in a folder with the folder being starting with the lewest letter in the alphabet
2 you have to kinda hold the 2 buttom to enter the directory as shown in my video, games work fine with this once in the actual game

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.4

Hell Hibou has released a new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher, heres the release details

ZitatThe Wii version 0.4 of Homebrew Launcher is available. This version allows you to use the buttons on the wiimote, however, to avoid having to go to the GC mannette the wiimote (because all the homebrew do not use wiimote) it is still possible to use the lever GC .

Unfortunately, in order to implement the wiimote, it took me delete function to remove the SD card when one is in my homebrew. If you remove the card, you must restart the Homebrew.

Takeshi

Zitat von: [u]tehskeen.com[/u]PNGU v0.1c - linpng for Developer's Released

Back in the Nintendo GameCube days coders were limited to using LibOGC by itself and implementing any few features into their program. Such features would be graphic functions. Well, step in PNGU which is an adaptation of libpng an image processing library for the Nintendo Wii. Using this library you can easily manipulate PNG format files within your homebrew project(s).

Features

* Loads png files from buffer or front SD card.

* Decompress png files and convert them to YCbYCr, RGBA8, 4x4 RGB565, 4x4 RGB5A3 and 4x4 RGBA8 formats.

* Only tested with png files in RGB8 format (but it's probably that works well with others png formats like RGBA8)

Download: Here

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]Yabause 0.9.5 WIP News - Sega Saturn Emulator for WII

Bluecrab posted on our Sega Saturn News site about a new version of the Sega Saturn Emulator Yabause, theres no release for Wii at this time but the source code is there apparently.

Heres whats new:

Zitatwii port:
- Added support for bios and game loading from sd card.
- Added sound support.
- Added usb keyboard support.

No news on a release but its encouraging to see some life on a Sega Saturn emulator for the Nintendo Wii:

http://sega-saturn.dcemu.co.uk/yabau...ed-112017.html

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]Mii Extractor v1.1

New from Waninkoko

ZitatThis application extracts all the Mii's from your Wii to a SD card.

+-------------+
| HOW TO USE: |
+-------------+

1. Just run this application and all your Mii's
will be copied to the "miis" directory at the
SD card.
+--------+

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]Mii Installer v1.1

New from Waninkoko

ZitatThis application installs all the Mii's from a
SD card to your Wii.

+-------------+
+-------------+

1. Create a directory called "miis" in the root
of a SD card.

2. Copy the Mii's you want to install in the
directory created in the previous step.

3. Run this application and all your Mii's
will be copied from the SD card to your Wii

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]USB storage Beta Release

Sven one of the most active Wii Hackers has posted this on his site:

ZitatI'm currently working on USB mass storage support for the Wii and just wanted to give you an update of my current status.
I've released (again) two or three semi-public betas in #wiidev to be able to test the code with a few more devices and already fixed a few compatibility issues. Most storage devices seems to be working now and there are only a few that fail at the initialization that I still got to fix.
It also looks like I originally just messed up the set configuration request code - even that is now working without any problems.
But there are also some really strange sticks where a mass storage reset request just returns the error code -7004 but still seems to be working. I think that this might be related to some timeout being reached because the following code is working when I add a short delay. This is not a really clean solution but it's working(tm).
The writing part of the code has also been tested and fixed by me and there are only a few minor issues left. However, this update has not been pushed into my git yet but I'll promise that the code will be available soon.
But I think that the code is stable enough now for a really public beta test. I wrote this small application that looks for any USB mass storage devices connected to your Wii and tries to display a file listing of the root folder and creates a file called testtest.txt with the content 'test' there. This code is based on chishm's libfat and wintermute's port to the Wii which does currently not check if the device really contains a FAT filesystems - this means that the usage of ANY DEVICE THAT HAS NOT A FAT FILESYSTEM ON IT WILL RESULT IN DATA CORRUPTION. I'd also recommend you to create a full backup of your data even if you're sure that a FAT filesystem is used because this code is still very untested and might easily corrupt your data. (This did not happen yet but don't say that you haven't been warned by me.)
Even though the application tells you to press A on your Gamecube controller a Wiimote should also worked - but that code is even more untested by me
Please report any error codes here if your device is not working. It would be great if you are able to create a usb log of the device connection on your PC as this would really help me to fix the problems with your stick.
Download usbmss2.elf
Update: The following version probably fixes some devices that were previously hanging after "LUN #0".
Download usbmss3.elf

Download Above and Give Feedback Via Comments

Takeshi

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]The Homebrew Channel Released

Finally Homebrew comesa to the Wii the way it was meant to be and thats without the need for the Zelda Game, heres the release details:

ZitatThe Homebrew Channel is a channel for launching Wii homebrew applications without the need to run the Twilight Hack first. It will list apps stored and organised on an SD card in a nice little GUI, which you can very easily customise with descriptions and shiny little .png icons all by yourself if you want. You can also launch homebrew apps via TCP (with a correctly configured PC) or USB Gecko. Both of those built in options make it extremely convenient for testing out new code, as well as a general purpose homebrew launcher.

http://www.youtube.com/v/op1V5eWpTQQ&hl=en

Included in this fantastic release is

ZitatGameCube Linux v0.4
ScummVM rev32231
Tetris v1.2a
Wii64 Wii Tiizer Edition - Nintendo 64 Emulator for Wii
Gecko Region Free v1.5

Heres the downloads:

Zitat.ELF (For usage with TP Exploit & other booting methods)
the_homebrew_channel-beta_7.tar.gz
(MD5: c74a7521e0ef817e1240565a2f986dd4)

.ISO (Selfbooting disc image for people with drivechips)
the_homebrew_channel-beta_7-iso-EUR.tar.gz
(MD5: c75fca1507053f0fc489f2477099f8f0)
the_homebrew_channel-beta_7-iso-JAP.tar.gz
(MD5: ec03732aa625b9f0656a03bfd43897a7)
the_homebrew_channel-beta_7-iso-USA.tar.gz
(MD5: 2861c6776896d830b3819ad59ec08bde)

Apps Package
hbc_apps.tar.gz
(Extract everything *in* hbc_apps to the root of your SD card)
(MD5: a2394731e2f65aee741100bed1cd14a0)
The included applications are:
GameCube Linux v0.4
ScummVM rev32231
Tetris v1.2a
Wii64 Wii Tiizer Edition
Gecko Region Free v1.5

Download above and Give your Feedback Via Comments, Massive Thanks to Bushing and Marcan and all others involved

Takeshi

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.5

Hell Hibou has released a new version of his Wii Homebrew Launcher, heres whats new:

ZitatThis is a new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher programme:

The graphics engine has been rewritten
Support for PNG (no layer alpha)
The message "Press A or (1) + (2)" can be translated
Initializing the Wiimote is a simultaneous loading data
Adding background music (integrated into a theme)
Possibility of creating a 'slideshoot' for channels
Support format fraud (beta)
Possibility to change the font via a theme

Takeshi

Zitat von: [u]Sven's blog[/u]USB storage status 1.1

I've (finally) been able to create a patch for libogc today which just got accepted and adds my usb-storage code to it - just wait for the next release or get the CVS version if you know what you are doing. Thanks again to shagkur for some miscellaneous fixes and hints to my code.
Since my last posts even more devices are working now and only a few ones are not working which I'm unable to fix because the owners either didn't give me a usb log or because that device is just stupid and doesn't confirm to the usb storage protocol in a *really* bad way. If you want these devices to work get me a full usb transfer log while you're connecting your device to you computer. Just reporting that device $whatever is not working with the output of my old test applications will not help me to fix this drive, sorry.
However, I'll first talk in this post about why someone screwed up the IOS USB driver and what evil hack fixes this and then about how to use my usb-storage code.

Let's start with the IOS USB driver: It provides functions to get a device list, setup callbacks for device insertion/removal, open/close devices and send/read bulk, control and interrupt messages from/to them. At the first sight this looks just like libusb which should be enough for all kind of devices you want to connect. However, once you take a closer look to the functions you'll notice that there in fact is one difference: The IOS functions do not support timeouts and block until the device sends or receives the requested amount of data. So what happens now when you want to receive data from a USB device that doesn't want to send data to you? Your function will block forever because the device doesn't send data to the IOS and you can't handle that error case by - for example - resetting the device. I talked with marcan about this and he suggested me to use asynchronous IOS functions and just close the device handle when I don't want to wait anymore for the request to complete. This should be working in most cases but isobel - who is the main author of the wii-linux kernel patch set - said that you'll sometimes need to reboot(!) IOS, which will screw up all currently opened handles in your application and clean large parts of MEM2, in order to make such calls return. This is definitely not possible to do for a support library and I didn't encounter such an issue while writing my usb-storage code so I hope that such things will not happen when it is used. This IOS_IoctlvAsync hack is not really nice but it's currently the only solution to fix functions blocking forever and making the whole application unusable. We can just hope that those problems will be fixed in an upcoming IOS update.
I'm currently returning the error code USBSTORAGE_ETIMEDOUT in such cases which will mean that the device handle is no longer usable and you'll need to redo the whole initialization process and hope that this will not happen again. Get me some usb logs or debug my usb-storage code with a USB gecko and tell me where it fails and I might be able to fix this.

But let's talk about the usage of my code which is still missing some documentation in the header files - I'll add this when I'm really bored the next time ;)
Before starting to use the usb-storage code you'll need to initialize the USB subsystems and my storage code by calling the following two functions. This is needed because the usb-storage code is obviously based on the USB subsystems which needs a IOS heap just like my code:

USB_Initialize();
    USBStorage_Initialize();

You should probably also check return values here as both might fail when no more memory/no new heap id is currently available.
Afterwards you should use USBStorage_GetMaxLUN() to get number of logical units your device supports. On most USB sticks and hard discs there will only be one but card readers will most likely report multiple LUN. The next step is to prepare each unit you want to access by calling USBStorage_MountLUN(lun);. It will basically check the device for any errors and prepare it for reading and writing which is the next step: You just use USBStorage_Read() or *_Write() in order to read or write to your drive's sectors. That's it :)
There are some more functions but those are mostly self-explaining and probably won't even be needed by most applications.

Oh, and just in case you didn't get it yet: The "1.1" in the topic does mean that only USB 1.1 is supported.
I'll also destroy some conspiracy theories here that were mainly created on some spanish board and some other one which has the name of a last-generation handheld in its title:
I have done some tests with the IOS on USB2 support and I'm pretty sure that it's not supported. I cannot do anything against this and I didn't intentionally limit my code to USB 1.1. However, you still wouldn't get your ISO loader even if hi-speed USB 2 data transfers would be possible because it requires an immense amount of work on either patching game executables or the IOS which will most likely not be done very soon. I'd really like to have USB 2 support too but it's currently not possible :/

Thanks again (in no particular order) to marcan, shagkur, dhewg (who all helped my with some problems) and all those people who helped me by testing their devices and reporting any errors they found!
And one appeal to all those homebrew developers out there who now want to add this code to their favorite emulator: Please just work together with the current "main" author of the emulator and don't release any versions of your own (which I've done myself once in the past) - this will just create a huge mess and will not help anyone in the end - working together with the main author definitely is the best solution even if all those annoying users will have to wait one or two weeks more for their release then ;)

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]WAD Manager v1.0

Waninkoko has released WAD Manager v1.0, heres the details:

WAD Manager v1.0 by Waninkoko
+-------------------------------+
| www.teknoconsolas.info        |
+-------------------------------+

+--------------+
| DESCRIPTION: |
+--------------+

WAD Manager is an application for (un)install WAD packages.

It lists all the available WAD packages in a SD card so you can
select which ones to (un)install.

Includes Wiimote support.

+-------------+
+-------------+

1. Create a folder called "wad" in the root of a SD card.
2. Copy all the WAD packages in the folder created in the step 1.
3. Run the application with any method to load homebrew.

+--------+
| KUDOS: |
+--------+

- bushing and marcan (the homebrew channel is great)
- all my testers (pistu, SoraK05, danny.ml...)

Zitat von: [u]dcemu.co.uk[/u]SNES9X v.3.0 LoPsT - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii

LoPsT has released a new version of the Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii:

Heres whats new:

ZitatOn the menu in this version:
-- Support for 2 wiimotes (synchro fast)
-- Support CSA classic.
-- Support Nunchuk.
-- Support for SD Frontal (to load Roma and backups).
-- Support for savegame directly into the gcram (out of emu).
-- Support for files on behalf long.
-- Support for compressed files to Zip.
-- Support the return to the "HomeBrew Channel."
-- Support for RGB cable PAL60.
-- Support for PAD Gamecube.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments