CECHK01 - DIA-002 Mother Board, Power and Eject Button Alternate Solder Points.

Begonnen von mrhappydude, 27. Juli 2018, 04:06:23

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

mrhappydude

I am certain someone here can help me.

I am looking for solder points to power switch that will allow me to attach an external mechanical switch and use it to power on this board.  I looked in the syscon area (bottom) TH4002 area and tried every point in TH4001 area as well and cannot find any point that when touched to ground turns on the unit.

I am even willing to pay at this point because I have wasted so much time on this.

If you need pictures of the MB let me know and I will find some way of posting them.

Thanks in Advance.

mrhappydude

ch bin mir sicher, dass hier jemand mir helfen kann.

Ich bin auf der Suche nach Lötpunkten für den Netzschalter, der es mir ermöglicht, einen externen mechanischen Schalter anzuschließen und ihn zu benutzen, um diese Platine mit Strom zu versorgen. Ich schaute in den syscon Bereich (unten) TH4002 Bereich und versuchte jeden Punkt in TH4001 Bereich.

Ich habe so viel Zeit damit verbracht.

Wenn Sie Bilder von der MB benötigen, lassen Sie es mich wissen und ich werde eine Möglichkeit finden, sie zu veröffentlichen.

Danke im Voraus.

Takeshi

That's a problem that can be solved. But since I don't have a working DIA-002 here, you have to help me for some details.

I know several pins, where you can find the power signal, but I don't know the reletaion between the voltage level and the state.

These two pads should be power and eject. I'm not shure which one is power, but I think it is the left one. Please measure the voltage level at this pad while doing nothing (PS3 in standby, do not press the button). I suspect it is 3,3 V. If it's so, then connect it to ground to power on the console.

For the first test, you can use the right pad. If it will beep, then you know it's the ecejt signal and the PS3 is telling you, that ther's no disc inserted.

mrhappydude

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Yes I get 3.29V on both those pads but when I connect them to ground it does nothing.

The red light is on on the board and if I press the power on button it works...

mrhappydude

I cleaned the area with a brush and alcohol and tried again and it came on this time!!!

Takeshi

Great! That means your problem is solved? :)

Which one was the power pad? The left pad, as I said?

mrhappydude

Yes it was, I had seen the documentation over on ps3 wiki that identified those points as well. It wasn't until I took a picture of the area and zoomed in that I could see solder flakes all over the area.  I cleaned it, and all is good.  I would post a picture of it here but I can't see where to upload a picture.

Thank you for your help !

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmYEnaHDgSLtgad-YwGQNEg2EdFcvA

Dragoon

you are lucky not to have it shorted out with those solder sprinkles all around ....