Abgerissenes bauteil, hilfe erbeten

Begonnen von xAznxStylezx, 15. Dezember 2014, 06:18:55

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Takeshi

Zitat von: xAznxStylezx am 28. Dezember 2014, 00:42:31
Sorry, I was not at home and wasn't able to take a picture. Here is a picture of my CELL http://imgur.com/a/t3Isk.

I can't see any scratches, that might be okay. But you didn't remove all the silicone! Did you connected the fan while testing the PS3? If so, turned it very fast very loud?

Ah yes, my mistake. I confused my resistor with my capacitors. What if the large capacitor was in the wrong direction, and the polarity was flipped? Unless this SMD capacitor has no polarity..

Also (most) capacitors have no polarity, at least this one has none.

Also, would you be able to answer my previous question "So you don't actually put your soldering iron on the component? You just touch a copper spot near it and wait for the solder to melt?"
Perhaps it may be my soldering method that damaged the components?

Oh sorry, I forgot this. Sure, I put my soldering iron on the component. I don't think they got to hot.

RalleBert

Silicon = Silizium
Silicone = Silikon
Uffpasse ;)

So it is better to leave all the slilicon where it belongs and only remove the rest of the silicone what "glued" the IHS on the Cell chip.

- veni, vidi, ferruminavi -
- ich kam, ich sah, ich l?tete -

Takeshi

xAznxStylezx

Zitat von: DoggyDog am 28. Dezember 2014, 02:18:07
The picture of your cell is blurry as hell, no way to rate the condition of the cell...

The first picture is blurry to show that the CELL processor its self isn't scratched (Focused to the reflection to my ceiling).

Zitat von: Takeshi am 28. Dezember 2014, 15:51:25
I can't see any scratches, that might be okay. But you didn't remove all the silicone! Did you connected the fan while testing the PS3? If so, turned it very fast very loud?

I removed all the silicon stuck to the IHS, but didn't remove it from the CELL since it wasn't interfering with the IHS making contact. I did connect the fan to the PS3 (actually reassembled everything) but I don't think the PS3 can even get to a stage to check temperature/fan speed. Once I press the power button, it shuts off within 2 seconds (Green light for 1 second, yellow for 1 second, then blinking red until you reset). While it's on for those 2 seconds, the fan speed doesn't seem very loud, it sounds/looks like it spinning at a normal speed.

Also (most) capacitors have no polarity, at least this one has none.

Ah yes, I was aware that the larger cylinder capacitors had negative and positive leads, but was unsure about SMD capacitors.

Oh sorry, I forgot this. Sure, I put my soldering iron on the component. I don't think they got to hot.

What kind of tip are you using with your soldering iron?

Takeshi

It seems you cant't imagine how fast the fan-speed can increase :D But if the speed stays normal, it's okay.

However, you should remove the solicone from both sides. I do this everytime and you won't get a short circuit.

The tip is about 2 mm wide.

xAznxStylezx

I will remove the silicone from the CELL tonight and see what happens. Would that be the problem causing my YLOD though? It seems unlikely that silicone on the CELL could cause a problem. Is there anything else you can think of that I could try?

Takeshi

That was rather an information for the future. Generally that could cause YLOD, but then the fan speeds up due to overheating.

Zitat von: xAznxStylezx am 28. Dezember 2014, 23:10:18
Is there anything else you can think of that I could try?

Not really, sorry. A reflow of the Cell. Sometimes it seems to cause broken solder balls by cutting the silicone, especially with thick tools I think.